Thursday

~ My Sleepy Bobo ~

As I write this, my dog Schneider, whom tonight I call Bobo, is sleeping on the carpet, in front of the couch.

When the calender turns to January the first, his age will be thirteen years.

Tonight, like many a recent night, he seems very, very old.

His breathing is hard. I feel lumps when I pet him.

I cannot help but feel that his time on this Earth is not long.

Words cannot describe how much I will miss this creature when he is no longer here.

He has been nothing less than a shining example of what Love can truly be:
Unconditional...forgiving...lasting...beautiful...and true.

I have much to learn from him, and tonight I ponder those things...


...sleep tight, Bobo.

6 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

It is good that you pause and contemplate this. It is never easy to see a friend off.

LU said...

So sad this post. My oldest cat, Isabelle is 12. She will be 13 in April. She too is mildly lumpy, but still has pep in her step.

I am sad for you just thinking of his pending passing but he was loved Brother and that is HUGE.

Ken said...

Your old boy, boy, boy!

susann said...

i will miss him, also! in the short time i've known him he has been by my side so much...protecting, providing company, and giving his love!

v28 said...

A true companion!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

We had to send Nancy's dog, Alice, over the Rainbow Bridge this year. It was a very hard decision, but her quality of life was not what we wanted for such a loyal friend.

You will know when the time comes my friend