Wednesday

~ Coccyx, Coccyx, Coccyx ~

"Get a donut," I was told.
"You need a donut," they all said.
"I don't think so," I said.

I did not see how a donut would protect my sprained coccyx (tailbone).
Seemed to me that the coccyx would be right on the ring of said donut, thereby offering no relief.

Turns out I was right.



There is an item on the market called a coccyx pillow. As soon as I saw a picture of one on the Internets I knew it was the right thing. They run about forty bucks.

I don' wanna spend no forty bucks.
I don' wanna spend nothin'.

So I go out to my shop, find some four inch foam, and sculpt my own coccyx pillow, just like on the Internets, using my grandfather's old 12 point handsaw.




Then I inserted my handywork into one of my grandmother's old pillow cases and folded the end over and fastened it with two safety pins.




I take it everywhere I go.

When I sit on this custom-made pillow my coccyx rests about one inch above whatever I am sitting on, suspended in beautiful, free air.

God I love saying coccyx and not getting in trouble.

12 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Gosh...is that bottom picture the nerve center of THE BLOGFATHER GAZETTE?

Ken said...

Getting a little cocky are we?

I must say, that is the swellest looking coccyx suspender I ever did lay my eyes on.

Lu' said...

How did you sprain your coccyx?

I have two of those pillows but I didn't spend $40 for them. I got them through Dr. Leonard's. When I dropped quite a bit of weight a few years back I found sitting to be uncomfortable without my God given cushin to sit upon :)

Phfrankie Bondo said...

Lu: a rogue wave knocked me ass over teakettle while at the beach in Maui and smacked me down on said bone.

wReg: why, yes it is.

Mic: You can buy one from me. Forty bucks.

Lu' said...

Hey thanks for the answer :) Sorry to hear it. How'd the teakettle make out?

phfritzie said...

progress in the making:]

Gal said...

Yeah, yeah...you ALSO like saying "Angina"...this I know. Yeahbutt...what I RILLYwannaknowis...hmmmmm...I dunno...it's just... that notch. Leaves MUCH to the imagination. I mean, is this a Gender Specific cushion?
A Phfrankie Phfoam! That's IT! Copywrite it! TM it! Cash in on it! Gimme a kickback, wouldja? (kickback, get it?)

Ken said...

Looks like a big piece of really chewy cheese with a sabor tooth tiger bite out of the middle.

Curious Chris said...

Sorry to hear your coccyx... Hopefully it will get better soon!

Dice Mardell said...

Pecorino Butt Cheese™

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this article and
also the rest of the site is very good.

Also visit my blog Sac Guess Pas Cher

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to find out what blog platform you have been utilizing? I'm experiencing some small security issues with my latest blog and I
would like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any solutions?



My web page :: Louis Vuitton Handbags