Tuesday

~ Thinky McThinkerton Sez:

When I need to fill up my little lawn tractor, or my even littler lawnmower, with gas, I just drive on up to my gas station and fill 'er up...



The set-up on the right side is the old tank and hose from my grandfather's days: no good no more.

The set-up on the left is what I installed today.



The Astoot Bloglodite can plainly see that what I have done is put my 40 lb., five gallon portable gas tank on a shelf, with the spout pointed downward, into a funnel, which is shoved into a piece of garden hose, which is attatched to one of my grandfather's old nozzles.



When I needs me a little gas, I just put the nozzle into the tank...



...and gravity-feed some dinosaur juice right where it belongs.

No more awkward lifting of tank for each fill.



Whaddayathinkamenow?

10 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I think a lot more of you now....that is quite clever. I might even do one of those myself if my grandfather left me a gas nozzle. Is the funnel fixed and nailed to the board? Perhaps I can come up with a grand fatherly substitute nozzle.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Upon further review and being an Astoot Bloglodite I see the funnel is plainly shoved in the hose and clamped.

I can now envision a fuel depot back at the poultry institute.

Ken said...

S W E E T L I V I N G ...at the,
The Bondo Shack.

Of course "I" would clean out the old tank and restore the whole set-up. Woudn't I?

phfritzie said...

keep it up phfrankie...your gift of engineering will serve you well now and in the future:]

Lu' said...

May want to look into whether or not a garden hose is suitable to dispense gasoline. The gas may eat the hose. Those bits of hose would end up in your mower. Gas is not suitable for all hoses. Hey I sell those nozzles. Aside from that, its great!

Lu' said...

Just another thought dooms dayer that I can be. Look into the regulations for gasoline use in California. I don't know if your property would ever get an inspection but...

dice said...

pretty slick, slim.
but, yeah...I would also:
A. muck out the entire closet and get the original thingy working or get rid of it (original set-up, not gas station) altogether in favor of yours, and
B. be very worried about little bits of hose in my mower's gas tank. Especially if warned by someone "in the know". ☺

When my last car DIED. The mechanic had the gall to tell me he suspected "motor oil in the gas tank". W'hell...I suspect sabotage and foul play, but I digress...and that water's too far under my damn bridge.

Here endeth the lesson.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

My fuel depot has been put on hold until I can investigate the proper hose needed.

Smokey Bear said...

Hmmm I think you should install a NO SMOKING sign.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

SO, why is the old tank still there? Would give oyu SO much more storage if you removed the beast

As far as your new fangled contraption, I say HOLYMOLYYOUARESOMEKINDOFGENIUS